Our Complaints Policy Explained...
For further information contact us on
0800 111 4493
We are a company that is Regulated by RICS and as such we are required to have in place a complaints handling procedure.
Lewis and Lewis Ltd’s CHP is in accordance with RICS Policy set out below:
RICS Firms’ Conduct Rule 7 ‐ Complaints handling
“A Firm shall operate a complaints handling procedure and maintain a complaints log.The complaints handling procedure must include an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) mechanism that is approved by the Regulatory Board.”
If you have a complaint, about the service you have received from us, then this note sets out the procedure which we will follow in dealing with that complaint.
1. A person has been appointed in this office to deal with complaints, and you should not hesitate to contact the relevant person. Details are set out below:
Lewis Lewis, Director of Corporate & Client Services, Lewis and Lewis Ltd, 12 Devon Place, Newport NP20 4NN
Tel: 01633 253 600 / Email: email@example.com
2. Where your complaint is initially made verbally, you will be requested to send a written summary of your complaint to the person dealing with it.
3. Once we have received your written summary of the complaint, we will contact you in writing within seven days to inform you of our understanding of the circumstances leading to your complaint. You will be invited to make any comments that you may have in relation to this.
4. Within twenty one days of receipt of your written summary, the person dealing with your complaint will write to you, in order to inform you of the outcome of the investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions have been or will be taken.
5. In addition to our Complaints Handling Procedure, if the complaint has still not been resolved to your satisfaction, we operate the following redress mechanism approved by the RICS:
For consumer purposes
Ombudsman Services: Property (OS:P), PO Box 1021, Warrington WA4 9FE
T: 0330 440 1634 or 01925 530 270 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org
or For commercial purposes
RICS Dispute Resolution Service, Surveyor Court, Westwood Way, Coventry, CV4 8JE
T: 020 7334 3806 / E: email@example.com