Commerical & Industrial
Form of Contract
Cost Consultant Services
To find out more about the wide range of services we offer contact us on
0800 111 4493
Whitson Court is a grade II* listed manor house which was purchsaed in 2007 by Collingbourne Properties for renovation and conversion to create a family home.
The building was originally built in 1789 and was the work of the architect John Nash. Since its construction the property has been used as a family home, a convent, it housed Jewish Refugees and in the 1970’s was briefly the home of a private zoo.
Prior to Collingbourne Properties acquiring the property the house remained empty and abandoned for several years and was recorded on Newport City Councils “Buildings at Risk” register.
The proposed work include extensive refurbishment and conservation/upgrade throughout, a new indoor swimming pool, creation of small office, 6 car garage, refurbishment of the existing stable block and conversion of the existing staff accommodation to create a granny annexe.
The project commenced on site in 2010 and is due to be complete mid 2012.